16 January, 2015

Health Milestone: Cure for AIDS Discovered!!

Friday, January 16, 2015

AIDS patient

The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) has been the hardest thing to treat because it inserts it’s genome into the hosts DNA making it difficult to eradicate using conventional treatment approaches. For a long time, antiretroval therapy has been widely used to stop the virus from replicating in the body and thus prolonging the patient’s life.

However, this is set to change. The world is much closer to treating HIV/AIDS. Scientists from Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia made a breakthrough that will potentially save millions of lives across the globe. In article posted in Medical News Today, the scientist managed to delete the HIV virus genome from the Human DNA using a DNA snipping enzyme. The approach was based on bacterial defense mechanism that protects against viral infection.

The enzyme, referred to as gRNA will be able to find HIV-1 viral genome on human DNA and delete them.  The scientist successfully stranded and tested gRNA’s 20 nucleotides. The preparation was then tested on cultured human cells infected with HIV-1 and, guess what? The virus was gone.
The discovery will go through a few more tests before it is cleared for clinical use. The next step is to find a way of ensuring that the enzyme is delivered to all human cells that get infected with HIV virus.

Permanent cure for HIV/AIDS is now within reach. 

2 comments:

  1. I GIVE THANKS TO DR OKAKA OBAZE FOR MAKING ME TO STAY ALIVE TODAY,I WAS HIV POSITIVE WHEN I SEARCH FOR HELP ON NET AND SEE HOW HE HELP PEOPLE GET CURE FROM THE DEADLY DISEASE (HIV),I ALSO GIVE A TRY AND IT WORK WELL AS I WANTED,NOW I AM HIV NEGATIVE.I GOT CURE WITH THE HELP OF DR OKAKA OBAZE,IF YOU NEED THE HELP OF THIS GREAT MAN KINDLY EMAIL HIM NOW=obazespiritualspelltemple@hotmail.com OR YOU CALL HIM ONLINE=+2348157905793 FOR YOU TOO TO HAVE YOUR CURE TO FOCUS IN LIFE.

    KIND REGARDS.
    CATHERINE MABEL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I GIVE THANKS TO DR OKAKA OBAZE FOR MAKING ME TO STAY ALIVE TODAY,I WAS HIV POSITIVE WHEN I SEARCH FOR HELP ON NET AND SEE HOW HE HELP PEOPLE GET CURE FROM THE DEADLY DISEASE (HIV),I ALSO GIVE A TRY AND IT WORK WELL AS I WANTED,NOW I AM HIV NEGATIVE.I GOT CURE WITH THE HELP OF DR OKAKA OBAZE,IF YOU NEED THE HELP OF THIS GREAT MAN KINDLY EMAIL HIM NOW=obazespiritualspelltemple@hotmail.com OR YOU CALL HIM ONLINE=+2348157905793 FOR YOU TOO TO HAVE YOUR CURE TO FOCUS IN LIFE.

    KIND REGARDS.
    CATHERINE MABEL.,.

    ReplyDelete

© 2015 KE Knee-Jerk. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top